This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Password Capture Agent 7.0 , windows 2012 domain , "the passed password is not a string"

Hi there, 

I have Password Capture Agent 7.0 installed on a 2012 2-controller windows domain. So far it's working flawlessly on one of the DC. The other, however, shows the following message when any logged user changes the password:

"PasswordChangeNotify()-Thread (1140): The Job for this Password-change Username="xxxx" UserRid="NNNNN" was ignored because the passed password is not a string."

Any ideas?

Parents
  • Markus, feel free to ask whatever details you need.

Now it is working on the server. I needed to reboot it and now it is working. But the former, flawless controller , has stopped working , showing the same error.

To add more info: We have three password hooks installed on these servers: One to sync passwords to ldap 389ds , other to sync passwords to Google Apps and the third one to sync passwords to Identity1. Could the order these services are started have anything to do with the issue?
  • Markus, feel free to ask whatever details you need.

Now it is working on the server. I needed to reboot it and now it is working. But the former, flawless controller , has stopped working , showing the same error.

To add more info: We have three password hooks installed on these servers: One to sync passwords to ldap 389ds , other to sync passwords to Google Apps and the third one to sync passwords to Identity1. Could the order these services are started have anything to do with the issue?
Children
No Data