This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Password Capture Agent 7.0 , windows 2012 domain , "the passed password is not a string"

Hi there, 

I have Password Capture Agent 7.0 installed on a 2012 2-controller windows domain. So far it's working flawlessly on one of the DC. The other, however, shows the following message when any logged user changes the password:

"PasswordChangeNotify()-Thread (1140): The Job for this Password-change Username="xxxx" UserRid="NNNNN" was ignored because the passed password is not a string."

Any ideas?

Parents
  • It can't be ruled out that the order or the password filters has something to do with that. If some of the filters manipulates the incoming data in a weird way, that may happen. I do not have this combination in our environments. Maybe the order in the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages is important. I would compare a working with a non-working one.
  • It can't be ruled out that the order or the password filters has something to do with that. If some of the filters manipulates the incoming data in a weird way, that may happen. I do not have this combination in our environments. Maybe the order in the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages is important. I would compare a working with a non-working one.
Children
No Data