Map translated departmentname in SynchronizationEditor

Hello,

We are using OIM version 8.2.1

We have our departmentnames translated in Dutch and French. I would like to map the translated value for the departmentname to an external datafield in the Synchronization Editor. I did not find information on how to do this in the documentation. Looking at the available mapper types I think the Script Property mapper would be most suited. I notice however that the function for translating entryvalues, LanguageDependentEx, is not available in the script window.

Is there someone who already managed to map a translated value in the Synchronization Editor mapper?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mrs. Wilke Jansoone

• Hi Wilke,

The information you provide is not enough to understand your use case. In the script property you can always get to the current object being mapped. In your case it must be the left hand object since you are mentioning LanguageDependentEx, and via this SystemObject you can get a Connection object. Via the Connection object you can query the database, in your case most probably the table DialogMultiLanguage. Use Visual Studio to write and test your code since it will help bridge the documentation gaps. Note that the whole direction we are seeking the solution seems a bit convoluted, with a clear problem description it must be possible to find an easier and more elegant solution. Note that in this forum you will find multiple examples on how to to query the database through SystemObject.Connection.

Regards,

Rodney

• It would be nice if LanguageDependentEx would be available in Script window in Sync editor! 

Missing part in scripting for this is VI.DB.Scripting. Can this be imported?

Only way I know for now is to use Key resolution on the DialogMultiLanguage