SystemDebugger won't start

I upgraded One Identity from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1.  After installing the new Workstation on my Windows 2016 machine, the SystemDebugger does not want to run anymore.  I start Visual Studio 2017 and load the SystemLibrary.  After logging in, I get the message "The system library assembly was not found.".   I tried reloading the scripts, performing a Clean and a full Rebuild. 

No matter what I do, it just keeps saying "The system library assembly was not found.".   What is it looking for and where??

I've  been developing for many years on this machine, and never had any problems until after the upgrade.

• Still no clue what "The system library assembly was not found." means, but I do see warnings produced when building that could perhaps have something to do with the problem.

After the upgrade to 8.2.1, I get the following...

warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Memory". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Buffers". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Reflection.Metadata". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Text.Json". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Text.Encodings.Web". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
    warning MSB3277: Found conflicts between different versions of "System.Data.SQLite" that could not be resolved. These reference conflicts are listed in the build log when log verbosity is set to detailed.
    warning MSB3277: Found conflicts between different versions of "System.Collections.Immutable" that could not be resolved. These reference conflicts are listed in the build log when log verbosity is set to detailed.
    warning MSB3277: Found conflicts between different versions of "System.Numerics.Vectors" that could not be resolved. These reference conflicts are listed in the build log when log verbosity is set to detailed.

• Hello Richard,

I had the same issue after upgrading from 8.1.4. to 9.1
    Make a copy of the 'SystemLibrary' dir.
    Delete all files and folders in the 'SystemLibrary' dir.
    Run the OneIM autorun.exe install the software in a temp or new directory  C:\temp\One Identity Manager
    Now copy the content of C:\temp\One Identity Manager\SystemLibrary to your actual working directory.
    Maybe this will work for you to.

• Hi Niels,

Can't understand or explain it, but your suggestion did work.

It sounded like the fix I've used in the past ... just copy the SystemLibrary directory over from another machine.  I tried this, and it didn't help.  So, I thought perhaps doing an install to a TEMP dir might do something with assemblies outside the OneIdentity directory, so I installed the workstation in a TEMP dir, and this did not help.  So, I followed your suggestion and cleared out my "bad" SystemLibrary directory, and copied the freshly installed one there.  I noticed that the "bad" directory contained thousands of files, while the fresh one only had a few ".vb" files.  I started the debugger and loaded the files from the DB.  After this, nothing would compile until I added "System.Runtime.Serialization" to the project references.  After this, it compiled and ran just fine.   No clue what your procedure fixed, but I have a running environment again.  Much Thanks.

---Richard

• the setup will make 'SystemLibrary' folder read only.  You need to remove the read only attribute.