Request properties group

I would like to add a field to the request properties group to house AD Groups. I have added a new column to ShoppingCartItem and PWO so I can see the new column as an option for the request properties. How can I have the column require the user to pick entries from the ADSGroup table? Normally I do this with the Employee web form and I can enter my SQL query in Web Designer but I don't see how to do that with a shopping cart item. Also, when you add a column you cannot have multiple values with foreign keys or dynamic keys. Is there a module in Web Designer that I need to edit?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Nicholas,

Unfortunately the data model does currently not support a combination of a) foreign key (dynamic or non-dynamic) and b) multi-valued columns.

It is possible to design a data model to work around this limitation:
    - Add a table "ADGroupList"
    - Add a table "ADGroupListHasGroup", which is an M:N table to assign AD groups to an "ADGroupList" object
    - Add a request property "UID_ADGroupList" as a schema extension to both shoppingCartItem and PersonWantsOrg. This must be a foreign-key column pointing to the "ADGroupList" table
    - For the relevant requests, create a new entry in the ADGroupList table and use the web portal to make ADGroupListHasGroup assignments.
  • Hi Hanno,

I appreciate that this is quite an old thread. However, I currently have a similar requirement where I need to be able to assign a user to multiple groups via a single request in the IT shop. I get what you're saying about the object model not supporting this requirement, but I'm having trouble understanding the workaround... I think I may need it explained as if I'm a two year old! My requirement is UNSAccountB based, so I'll tweak your example slightly.

Add a table "UNSGroupBList" I'm guessing this will have three columns?
    UID_UNSGroupBList (PK), UID_UNSAccountB (FK) and UID_Groups (MultiValue)

Then I'll need another table UNSGroupListBHasUNSGroupB with 2 columns:
    UID_UNSGroupBList (FK) and UID_UNSGroupB (FK)

Then I'll extend ShoppingCartItem and PersonWantsOrg with UID_UNSGroupBList, and assign the FK to UNSGroupListB

All good, but I don't understand how that can then manifest as a webform that can be used to select multiple groups? Surely it would just allow for selection of a single UNSGroupBList object?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

• Hi Hanno,

I appreciate that this is quite an old thread. However, I currently have a similar requirement where I need to be able to assign a user to multiple groups via a single request in the IT shop. I get what you're saying about the object model not supporting this requirement, but I'm having trouble understanding the workaround... I think I may need it explained as if I'm a two year old! My requirement is UNSAccountB based, so I'll tweak your example slightly.

Add a table "UNSGroupBList" I'm guessing this will have three columns?
    UID_UNSGroupBList (PK), UID_UNSAccountB (FK) and UID_Groups (MultiValue)

Then I'll need another table UNSGroupListBHasUNSGroupB with 2 columns:
    UID_UNSGroupBList (FK) and UID_UNSGroupB (FK)

Then I'll extend ShoppingCartItem and PersonWantsOrg with UID_UNSGroupBList, and assign the FK to UNSGroupListB

All good, but I don't understand how that can then manifest as a webform that can be used to select multiple groups? Surely it would just allow for selection of a single UNSGroupBList object?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Children
No Data