Web- and PW-Portal: Login to portal using email address?

Hi there,

is it possible to change the login process to WebPortal and PasswordPortal from authentication with CentralAccount to DefaultEmailAddress?

We use the email address when logging into several systems. Now we would like to set it for the WebPortal too, so that users do not have to log in with their username.

We are using OIM 9.1.1 with the Angular WebPortal.

Parents
  • Can your email provider act as an idP? If so, you could use oAuth. 

We're using it in our web portal to log on using our email address (Google based)

• oAuth (Keycloak) is not the problem. It is possible and working fine. But logging into Password Portal, in case you don't know your password, is possible only with user name. Both possibilities (password questions or pass code) are authenticating only with Central Account.

• I see. We're not there (angular) , yet. That needs development. You can query the email address then do a search for the centralaccount and use it in your call to the login process. See the passcode-login.component.ts in qer/src/lib/password/passcode-login, but I guess you already figured it out.

The only thing here is that you'll need to start a session to query the centralaccount. In our labs, we developed a custom api with fixed credentials that does the trick and we're working with it in our (painful) migration from web designer to angular. 

• I see. We're not there (angular) , yet. That needs development. You can query the email address then do a search for the centralaccount and use it in your call to the login process. See the passcode-login.component.ts in qer/src/lib/password/passcode-login, but I guess you already figured it out.

The only thing here is that you'll need to start a session to query the centralaccount. In our labs, we developed a custom api with fixed credentials that does the trick and we're working with it in our (painful) migration from web designer to angular. 

Children
No Data