What are the preferred approaches to expose OneIM data to data analytic platforms, such as PowerBI?

Assuming one wants to use 3rd party business data analytic tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qliq Sense, etc. to elaborate dashboards one OneIM underlying data, what are the preferred approaches to expose this data?

My assumptions are:

• The OneIM data model is very complex and goes beyond what most data analysts expect for business intelligence purposes.
  • Data recency is not a major concern for business dashboards, daily updates are assumed to be sufficient.
  • Accessing directly the underlying database is a bad architectural solution for multiple reasons, including the impact on production performances, and the readability and stability of the data model (a largely simplified data model is sufficient for most business dashboards).
  • Consuming the data via the RESTFull API is inadequate. While RESTFull APIs are great for system integration, to my knowledge they were not conceived for the synchronization of large data volumes.

I am still new to OneIM and wonder what OneIM features could be leveraged to expose (perhaps a simplified version) of the OneIM data to analytics platform in a sustainable and secure manner. I am typically expecting solutions like:

1. Create a separate and dedicated database to expose OneIM data
  2. Implement synchronization from SQL views or perhaps using OneIM features such as the OneIM Generic Database Connector.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and RoEs.