Service items for Teams

Hi Team,

We are currently trying to automate the creation of Teams Team in One Identity via IT shop product. Can you suggest what Service Item type we should use where users can input all needed information for creation?

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • Hi Ana,

It depends on your case, if users who request can request more than once then Multi-Request feature is the best option otherwise if users can request only once then I believe Multi-Request/Unsubscribe is the best option. indicated,

Still in your doubt, the PersonWantsOrg table has CustomProperties from 1 to 10, if it is insufficient you can extend the table for your purposes.

• Hi  this is regarding the service item within Manager.

Thanks in advance.

• Let me understand better,

Would  you like to automate the creation of Teams in Microsoft Teams via ITShop, where the user will request the creation of a Team, right?

I imagine you will use an external process to obtain the information that the user entered to create the Team, or will you do it another way?

Service items have two types, the normal one and one type that I have never used which is "Special Service Item", but I believe it does not provide fields for user input data.

I usually use a type of product known as Multi-Request Resource, which allows the user to request more than once, and in the Web Designer I link the product to a component, and in the component I define which fields the user can insert and where it will be saved in the table later to use in the process that will carry out the creation of teams in your case.

Another way to do this without programming is through the Manager it's called "Request Property", but I know a little about it, you can define it in the Service Item, it can be found at

IT Shop >> Basic Configuration Data >> Request Properties

support.oneidentity.com/.../10

• Thank you  we will check on this, by the way will this work using the old version of web portal? 

• Request properties are defined in the Manager, not in Web Designer. The "old portal" supports the Request properties if you remember to set the created property group with "use obsolete definition". The downside of the old request properties is that you can only select specific attributes from the PersonWantsOrg table and if you want to add more fields - such as a FK-attribute to person for example - you need to extend both PersonWantsOrg and ShoppingCartItem with the exactly same attributes to make it available as a request property.

Request properties have been completely revamped but the new properties only work in the Angular portal.

• Hi  additional question regarding the old request properties. Since we are going to use spare field, would you know if we can restrict the characters for example is the name of the owner that it needs to be unique or collect the R-User ID -> check if valid and active?

Thank you in advance.

• Hi  would you know if we change the properties of customproperty01 from the PersonWantsOrg and ShoppingCartItems on the designer, will it reflect on the web portal?

Appreciate your help!

• Hi, of course you can add validation to any attribute but I can't say for sure how it works in the request property prompt, would it check the validation "on the fly". I am not sure if I understand your use case here but are you planning to prompt the user with a free text field, have them enter a New User ID and check that it is not in use yet and throw an error message if the entered UserID is already in use?

• Hi  during the request the information needs to be collected.

1st option: if possible, to create a dropdown for all of the user ID or username.

2nd option: Else to collect the username or user id and check if it's a valid employee name. (this will throw an error message if the entered user id/username is not valid or not existing).

Whichever works well in the web portal. 

I appreciate your help here.

Thank you.

• I would create a separate CCCPerson to PersonWantsOrg and ShoppingCartItem which is a Foreign Key to the Person table to achieve this. Doing a uniqueness check on the user name when they are prompted via request properties is quite cumbersome and in general I would not advice doing anything free text that you can do with a FK but that is just my data modelling practice :)

Also by doing that you allow the user to just select the person they need and in the back end processing you can pull out any attribute from the selected person. Building the uniqueness validation that would be checked on entry in request property is bit more work + free text fields and creative end user base is always a recipe for chaos Slight smile

• I would create a separate CCCPerson to PersonWantsOrg and ShoppingCartItem which is a Foreign Key to the Person table to achieve this. Doing a uniqueness check on the user name when they are prompted via request properties is quite cumbersome and in general I would not advice doing anything free text that you can do with a FK but that is just my data modelling practice :)

Also by doing that you allow the user to just select the person they need and in the back end processing you can pull out any attribute from the selected person. Building the uniqueness validation that would be checked on entry in request property is bit more work + free text fields and creative end user base is always a recipe for chaos Slight smile

Children
No Data