How to change schema properties

I created a mapping rule between SQL DB > OIM DB. The value I'm mapping is "GENDER". When I run a simulation I get this error:

[1777018] Error running synchronization project (Test)'s workflow (Test).
[1777124] Error running synchronization step (Test) of synchronization configuration (Test (d9b20aca-9c47-4a09-859a-d9e9914b4a6a)).
[1777239] The mapping rule (GENDER) was unable to run synchronization between system objects (0001) and (0001) successfully.
[1777161] Property (Gender@Person) could not set the value (M) from system object (0001).
[1777023] Schema property (Gender@Person) only accepts data of type (System.Int64).
The value to write (M) is however type (System.String).

Is it possible to modify the data of type value, to accept the value (M)? from (System.Int64) to (System.String)

Parents Reply Children
  • What version are you using? 

In addition, a base property (column) called GENDER in uppercase looks like a custom column. The ootb one would be called Gender. 

• Hi Graziano,

I can't see your screenshots (so I might be missing something :) ) but the case would be;

On the right column (your Oracle system) add a property, pick the type 'Data mapping'

Give it a nice name and display name, as the Base property select your 'GENDER' column from your SQL DB and add the 'Base values' (for the genders) that are in your SQL database. The data type should be integer (as that is what you want to be converting to)

On the 'Values to convert to' add the integers from One Identity (so 0 for unknown, 1 for male, 2 for female, 9 for unspecified). Give some thought to whether you want to ignore case, what you want to do with undefined values etc.

This new property you now have available on your SQL DB side can be mapped to the Gender column (on the person, on the 'left' of your synchronization) within One Identity as this now maps 'Integers' to 'Integers' and does the transformation based on the data mapping you've defined.

• Hi Graziano,

I can't see your screenshots (so I might be missing something :) ) but the case would be;

On the right column (your Oracle system) add a property, pick the type 'Data mapping'

Give it a nice name and display name, as the Base property select your 'GENDER' column from your SQL DB and add the 'Base values' (for the genders) that are in your SQL database. The data type should be integer (as that is what you want to be converting to)

On the 'Values to convert to' add the integers from One Identity (so 0 for unknown, 1 for male, 2 for female, 9 for unspecified). Give some thought to whether you want to ignore case, what you want to do with undefined values etc.

This new property you now have available on your SQL DB side can be mapped to the Gender column (on the person, on the 'left' of your synchronization) within One Identity as this now maps 'Integers' to 'Integers' and does the transformation based on the data mapping you've defined.

• Hi Graziano,

• On the right column (your Oracle system) add a property, pick the type 'Data mapping'

Give it a name and display name, as the Base property select your 'GENDER' column from your SQL DB and add the 'Base values' (for the genders) that are in your SQL database. The data type should be integer (as that is what you want to be converting to)

• I verified that I am able to convert the column Person.Gender to a string in 9.2.

• Hi Graziano,

To add a little bit on what Markus is saying

This new property you now have available on your SQL DB side can be mapped to the Gender column (on the person, on the 'left' of your synchronization) within One Identity as this now maps 'Integers' to 'Integers' and does the transformation based on the data mapping you've defined. (Note: In this case I'm converting the string to an integer, you could turn it around as well and convert the integer from One Identity to a string.).

• Hi Jos,

Thanks with your latest information I was able to setup a custom property.