SmtpCommandException when sending mails

Hello everyone,

we get the error "[MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpCommandException] <SMTP relay>".

SMTPAccount and SMTPPassword parameters are disabled as the SMTP server accepts anonymous authentication. Also, the parameter TransportSecurity is set to none because the server has SMTP Start TLS = FALSE.

We tried setting TransportSecurity to auto, and to use SMTPUseDefaultCredentials, but with each configuration we get the same error. 

What do you think is the problem?
Thank you,
Lucrezia

Parents
  • Oh, in addition, we're using version 9.2.

• Did you set the SMTP Relay Parameter? 

Can you post the parameters of the failed sendmail job?

• Yes, I set it, in fact the string "<SMTP Relay>" that I inserted in the error was just a placholder to the real value of the parameter.

The parameters are:
    - AcceptSelfSignedCert: ""
    - Account: ""
    - Address: "user.test@domain.com"
    - AllowServerNameMismatchInCert: ""
    - AuthenticationString: long encrypted string
    - BaseObject: "<Patch Display="Test, User (USTE)"><Key> etc. etc. "
    - ConnectionProvider: "VI.DB.ViSqlFactory,VI.DB"
    - ConnectionString: long encrypted string
    - Domain: ""
    - Encrypt: ""
    - EncryptionCertificateScript: ""
    - MailID: "CCC - Employee - End date has changed"
    - Password: long encrypted string
    - SenderAddress: mail of the sender
    - Sign: False
    - SignCertificateThumbprint: ""
    - SmtpPort: 25
    - SmtpServer: name of the SMTP Server
    - TransportSecurity: "None"
    - UseDefaultCredentials: "False"

• I would try a connection to that MTA using simple smtp commands , or either an external email client, and try to send mails via that MTA, so you could discard , isolate and locate the origin of the problem: SMTP server (MTA) or OneIdentity.

Seems to me (as the error message offers no other info) the server is refusing to relay mail depending on the sender/recipient domain or ip address (mta based problem).

• I would try a connection to that MTA using simple smtp commands , or either an external email client, and try to send mails via that MTA, so you could discard , isolate and locate the origin of the problem: SMTP server (MTA) or OneIdentity.

Seems to me (as the error message offers no other info) the server is refusing to relay mail depending on the sender/recipient domain or ip address (mta based problem).

Children