Best practice approach: Write account attribute (e.g. SAPUser) after assigning eset to person

I would like to have a way to write an account attribute after assigning an Eset X to the corresponding person and unset/rewrite it after removing the eset.

I would like to customize as few as possible.

I thought of assigning a QERAssign over EsetHasEntitlement to the Eset X.

The QERAssign has for example a SAPSECPOL Table in UID_DialogTableAssignTarget.

In ObjectKeyAssignTarget i could assign the SAPSECPOL record, i want to have assigned to the SAPUser after assigning the Eset to the person.

But i am forced to let QERAssign marked as "isforITShop" and i don't want it to have an AccProduct.

And what if i wanted to write a string-non-FK-Field on SAPUser?

Then the QERAssign appproach would fail, because it seems i can only can assign another table record over UID_DialogTableAssignTarget to SAPUser.

Parents
  • Hi,

To fully understand the case: You need to modify an attribute of an account assigned to a person if that person has an entitlement of type eset ?

Maybe a custom process on personhaseset could do the job. You could locate the corresponding linked account for the person then modify the account's attribute for the assign/delete events.

Or write a template on the accounts attribute, but that will require more customizations and other objects involved. So I guess the custom process is simpler. 

• Hi Juancarlos,

you have fully understood the case.

I thought of creating a custom porcess on PersonHasEset as well and it would work.

This approach has IMO one big disadvantage: You can't be sure that the account already exists, if the eset is assigned. So you have to work with exists steps in the process and retries.

If on the other hand you could use a QERAssign on Eset via EsetHasEntitlement, One Identity would take care of waiting for the account and then calculate the things that have to be done (probably still with some customization necessary).

• Hi Juancarlos,

you have fully understood the case.

I thought of creating a custom porcess on PersonHasEset as well and it would work.

This approach has IMO one big disadvantage: You can't be sure that the account already exists, if the eset is assigned. So you have to work with exists steps in the process and retries.

If on the other hand you could use a QERAssign on Eset via EsetHasEntitlement, One Identity would take care of waiting for the account and then calculate the things that have to be done (probably still with some customization necessary).

Children
  • Alright, so the ESET has the account definition included? If it does , then your process can wait until the account creation processes end (in v92 see the ADSAccount Update process, as an example). Then update the attribute.

If the account does not exist, then there's nothing to do. This step is simple, too.

Anyhow, I feel I'm missing something :) 

• Not to but in, but when I need to manage the attributes of an account on a more fine-grained level as offered by the IT operating data.
    Create 'dummy group' in the target system that represent the attribute you want to manage.

Custom attribute: CCC_IsAdmin@UNSAccountB

UNSGroupB = Administrator attribute
    GroupType or Container = Attribute groups

Now you put the AccountDef and 'Administrator attribute' (unsroupb) in the System role.
    The Person is assigned to System role

- The provision order of the account and group assigment is handled OOTB.
    - It's transparent from Person/Identity perspective.
    - You do need to exclude these groups from provisioning/sychronization

On the UNSAccountBinGroupB you could have a proces that does the following:
    HandleObjectComponent - ExecuteTemplates only for column: CCC_IsAdmin@UNSAccountB
    Template on CCC_IsAdmin@UNSAccountB

'P.s. code need updating v7 syntax
    Dim account As ISingleDbObject = Connection.CreateSingle("UNSAccountB", $CCC_UID_UNSAccountB:String$)
    Dim accountInGroup As IMemberRelation = account.GetMR("UNSAccountBInUNSGroupB", "UID_UNSAccountB")
    Dim [group] As ISingleDbObject

Dim groups As New MultiValueProperty()
    For Each assignment As IColElem In accountInGroup.Members
                   [group] = assignment.Create()
                   groups.Add(group.GetValue("CN").String)
    Next

If groups.Contains("Adminstrator attribute") Then
                   Value = True
    Else
                   Value = False
    End If

Depending on the user count in your target system and daily changes, you may want a more elegent solution then
    this template solution (could hog your sql server when adding 1000ths of users to the 'attribute' group)

• Hi Niels,

very interesting proposal!

This is a feature that OI is lacking IMO, but you rebuilt it in a quite painless way.

Think i will go for this.