Create custom objects via web designer web portal

Hi,

version 9.1.1, i am using the web designer web portal.

I need to create a new form to add and edit a new object via web portal, the new object is FirmPartner.

I created a custom module CCC_EditFirmPartner that redirects users that click to the button "Add a new firm partner" that i created.

In the module ccc_editfirmpartner i use in the main the VI_PropertyEditor to create a form with the collection FirmPartner, because i have seen on other modules that the VI_PropertyEditor component is used to display and edit columns.

Unfortunately, when i try to open the edit module on the web portal, i only see the title of the module and can't see the form.

What am i missing?

Thank you.

Redinaldo Hysesani

Parents
  • Hi,

First, I havent been able to find a reference to VI_PropertyEditor. But anyway I've been away from the web designer for some time, so apologies first of all.

Did you add an object reference editor  such as VI_ObjectEdit_FirmPartner and your FirmPartner table? 

I would suggest you take the new employee form as an example. Have a look at the VI_Employee_Edit . This module is called either when you click on an existing employee or when you click on the button to create a newer one. What it does ? 

1. The initializer checks for the existence of the person and if it's there, it redirects to the edit object sheet for an exiting person.
    2. Otherwise it inserts a new record (VI_Employee_PreEdit) in the initializer and then launches VI_Employee_EditMasterData with a param: the current virtual collection.

So something similar can be done in your case with the FirmPartners. Begin by making a copy of this VI_Employee_Edit  module (do not add substitution rule or add extensions). And then follow the logic. The module VI_Employee_MasterData can also be copied and customized with your object columns. 

• Hi,

First, I havent been able to find a reference to VI_PropertyEditor. But anyway I've been away from the web designer for some time, so apologies first of all.

Did you add an object reference editor  such as VI_ObjectEdit_FirmPartner and your FirmPartner table? 

I would suggest you take the new employee form as an example. Have a look at the VI_Employee_Edit . This module is called either when you click on an existing employee or when you click on the button to create a newer one. What it does ? 

1. The initializer checks for the existence of the person and if it's there, it redirects to the edit object sheet for an exiting person.
    2. Otherwise it inserts a new record (VI_Employee_PreEdit) in the initializer and then launches VI_Employee_EditMasterData with a param: the current virtual collection.

So something similar can be done in your case with the FirmPartners. Begin by making a copy of this VI_Employee_Edit  module (do not add substitution rule or add extensions). And then follow the logic. The module VI_Employee_MasterData can also be copied and customized with your object columns. 

Children