Target System Browser doesn't show any user account - only OU's

Dear community,

may i ask you for support please?
I created a new "Sync Project" to establish a connection to our UNIX system, using a LDAP connector.

In the Target System Configuration I’m able to connect to our unix system.
I can browse in the directory, I can even see all “organizationalUnits”. But I can’t see any users.

Fun fact:
Going back to the "Target System Configuration". Right hand side, in the “Scope” section I can select “Edit Scope”.
In the right window then, I can see all the OU’s in a tree structure. Here I can go down to the users OU, open it and all user accounts are shown up there. Here i can see all user accounts.

The question now is:
Why I can’t see any user accounts in the "Target System Browser"? But all accounts are shown in the "Target System Configuration" + Scope section?

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks and kind regards
Nico

Parents
  • Hi Nico,

this may be related to the object classes of your users.
    Are you looking at "inetOrgPerson" in the target system browser? What objectclasses does your user have?
    In case it has no "inetOrgPerson" but "person" objectclass you have to look at the "person" schema type (you may have to update the schema before browsing).

Thanks,
    Stephan

• hi Stephan,
    thanks for the reply. Simply updating the schema and looking for "person" did not help.

Yes, we found out that a missing object class is the root cause of this issue. We've adapted the object class of an test user accordingly. Then the user was visible in the object browser. But this solution won't fix our issue, as we do not want to update thousands of Unix accounts to get them displayed in OneIdentity.

Is there really no other solution than touching all of our unix accounts? Disappointed

Thanks and kind regards
    Nico

• hi Stephan,
    thanks for the reply. Simply updating the schema and looking for "person" did not help.

Yes, we found out that a missing object class is the root cause of this issue. We've adapted the object class of an test user accordingly. Then the user was visible in the object browser. But this solution won't fix our issue, as we do not want to update thousands of Unix accounts to get them displayed in OneIdentity.

Is there really no other solution than touching all of our unix accounts? Disappointed

Thanks and kind regards
    Nico

Children
No Data