Request Property field issue

Hello,

I am having an issue with the request property:

The request is from the personwantsorg table, and I want to calculate the dynamic fields in the parameter query using "%", for example, UID_Person = '%UID_PersonOrdered%'.

This works fine, but when I try to use another parameter from personwantsorg, it doesn't work.

I need the app name, for example, nameApp = '%DisplayOrgParent%'.

It's not a permission issue because if I use a static query, the apps are displayed correctly (for example, if I enter nameApp='TST').

Could you help me with this?

Thank you,
Elena

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Markus,

I'm using 9.2 on demand.
    We are using the new one (obsolete definiton is not flagged).
    I see the issue in the shopping cart (I expect to have a list in which I select the apps filtered by the query on the app name).

Thank you,

Elena

• Understood. The thing is, that the property DisplayOrgParent does not exist in ShoppingCartItem. The base entity for the request properties in this stage is ShoppingCartItem.

• Understood, thank you!
    Our service item has the name of the app on the field CustomProperty01.
    how the query should be to retreive this value?

I tried with the query: CCC_nameApp='%FK(ObjectKeyOrdered),ESet.CustomProperty01%' but it doesn't work

Thank you,

Elena

• I presume your parameter is called CCC_nameApp, and the parameter type is set to calculated.

In the property Table column (calc.) you must pick the column Accproduct.UID_AccProduct.
    In the property Condition (calc.), you must provide the following where clause.

UID_AccProduct = '%UID_AccProduct%'

• I try to explain my use case:

I have a custom table called CCC_APP_SOC that contains assignments of applications  and companies (the fields are CCC_App and CCC_Company). For example, CCC_App=ABC and CCC_Company=001.

• In the IT shop, there are applications, and the user needs to select a service item under one of these applications.
    • Once the service item is selected, the user can choose from a list of companies in the cart.
    • The companies in this list are displayed based on the request property we discussed earlier.
    • Specifically, it should show the companies from the CCC_APP_SOC table for which the CCC_App field matches the app selected in the cart (thus matching the customproperty01 of Eset).

If the entity starts from ShoppingCartItem, theway to retrieve the app name should be: Foreign key ObjectKeyOrdered (of table ShoppingCartItem) CustomProperty01 (of table ESet)

• Note, that you cannot use the FK notation. the where-clause is in SQL not in VB code.

Replace AccProduct.CustomProperty01 with ESet.CustomProperty01 and the where clause with:

XObjectKey='%ObjectKeyOrdered%'

• Hi Markus,

Thank you so much, I used this value in other parameter with $PC(field)$ an now it's working!

But now the user has to select this field manually, is there a way this value is setted automatically?
    I've also set show in "parameter subsets" = No, so this is hidden too.

Thank you so much for you help,
    Elena

• Sorry, I am lost again. What is your current complete parameter configuration and what is displayed in the WebUI that you do not want to happen?

• Sure, I'll try to explain:

I have a request property with 2 parameters:

Parameter 1) Name of the application selected from the IT shop
    - ParameterName1="Application"
    - ParameterType="Calculated"
    - Data Source= "Table"
    - Table column = "ESet - CustomProperty01"
    - Condition= "XObjectKey='%ObjectKeyOrdered%'"

Parameter 2) List of companies displayed based on the application of the request
    - ParameterName="Company"
    - ParameterType="User prompt"
    - Data Source= "Table"
    - Table column= "CCC_APP_SOC - CCC_App"
    - Condition= "CCC_App=$PC(Application)$"

On the portal side, this happens:
    - The user selects the application on the left and the service item on the right.
    - CURRENT Condition: In the shopping cart, the user has to manually select the application from the dropdown menu and then he can choose the list of companies based on the selected application above.
    - DESIRED Condition: In the shopping cart, the user should be able to choose a list of companies without having to manually select the application from the dropdown menu.

So I wonder, is there a way to automate the filling of the value of parameter 1? I would like it not to be displayed on the portal because it is only needed for the calculation of parameter 2.

Thank you so much,

Elena

• You can eliminate the parameter "Application" if you change the Condition of your parameter Company to the following (At least If I understood your use-case correctly,)

CCC_App = (Select CustomProperty01 from ESET Where XObjectKey = '%ObjectKeyOrdered%')