This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to modify the extended properties popup in the portal with new editors (collection editor)???

Hi,

We are trying to modify the extended properties, I think component, in the web designer to display a user object picker instead of a text field for the extended properties attached to the service item requested ... Any help would be appreciated ..

Thanks,

• to add more detail maybe someone can help.

We are using the request new active directory distribution list and we have attached more extended properties to the service item (owner, description, secondary owners etc...) . What we want to do is modify the portal element that asks for the values for these properties when a user is requesting it in his shopping cart to allow selecting the users from AD for (owner and secondary owners) instead of the text edit field..

Please help :)

• Hi MZEDAN,

i think extended property you are referring to is also called request property.  Unfortunately, you cannot use request property for dynamic list or pick list.  You can load a predefined list using request property, but not loading a list from a table etc.

The only way (I know how) is to create an custom Object-dependent reference module in web designer for Insert_ShoppingCartItem and assign it to your request-able item.  You basically need to design this module from scratch.

HTH

• Thank you for responding to my question. I don't know how to assign it to the requestable item, are you able to provide more detail about how to do that?

Thank you :D

• I think you can also do the following

1) Extend the ShoppingCartItem and PersonWantsOrg table with a column (CCC_Person). This will be a foreign key column containing pointing to the Person table, and this will stored a UID_Peson entry

2) Create a new request property (Manager ->IT shop > Basic config data -> Request Properties), assign it this CCC_Person column

3) Assign the request property to the AccProduct (Open the product and look for the "Request properties" field in Manager)

Once done, when you click on "Request" it should open up request property which in turn is a FK field to the person table, in effect it should allow you to select a person. 

I haven't tested this but I think this should work. 

If you prefer to use ADSAccount instead of Person, change the column to point to ADSAccount instead. Of course you will need to handle what happens with this column in the back end process.

HTH

• ARAVAGG solution is much easier and more elegant. Please, let us know if it worked, so I can implement it next time.

Thanks 

• I've followed your instructions and I got closer but not quite ... this is what I got :

It shows what looks like a different editor ... can you tell me what I did wrong ?

Thanks,

mzedan

• Hi mzedan,

This looked like a permission issue.  Make sure the requester have read access to person table.

Regards

• I'd also give read permissions on the custom column in ShoppingCartItem.

Alternatively, you can try logging in with a user who has a system user associated with their account and see if you can get the columns.

• Thank you aravagg and tnguye11 .... Aravagg your comment was dead on the permission for the columns ... I had to add both view/edit permission to the alluser permission in the designer for both new columns ... all that is left is to edit the process script so it uses these 2 new columns when creating the object.

Thanks again :)