This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Decrypt data

Hi everyone.

I have encrypt some values in D1IM database (CentralPassword for example) with the Crypto configuration tool. I need to decrypt Central password when creating UNS account, because I have to use this field in VB script.

How could I decrypt data? Is there OOTB function available?

Thanks for your response.
BR,
Evgen

Parents
  • Hello Evgen,

the general rule is: Only the Jobserver is able to decrypt datas because only the Jobserver has the needed private key.

The behavior of the Jobservice is:
    1. Load the job incl. all parameters from the JobQueue.
    2. Decrypt all parameters which are encrypted and which are marked as encrypted (!)
    3. Execute the job.

I guess your script is called from a ScriptExec job, that means it will be executed by the Jobserver.

In this case your idea is right: You should add an new parameter in the script which contains the value of the password.

As described above this parameter contains the clear text password during the execution of the script.

Additionally you have to add a new parameter in your ScriptExec job for this 2nd parameter and have to mark it as "encrypted".

If it doesn't work I would add such a line in the script for debugging purposes:

vid_write2log("c:\temp\test.log", myParameter)

That will write the clear text password in a file.

I hope it helps,

Steffen

• Hello Evgen,

the general rule is: Only the Jobserver is able to decrypt datas because only the Jobserver has the needed private key.

The behavior of the Jobservice is:
    1. Load the job incl. all parameters from the JobQueue.
    2. Decrypt all parameters which are encrypted and which are marked as encrypted (!)
    3. Execute the job.

I guess your script is called from a ScriptExec job, that means it will be executed by the Jobserver.

In this case your idea is right: You should add an new parameter in the script which contains the value of the password.

As described above this parameter contains the clear text password during the execution of the script.

Additionally you have to add a new parameter in your ScriptExec job for this 2nd parameter and have to mark it as "encrypted".

If it doesn't work I would add such a line in the script for debugging purposes:

vid_write2log("c:\temp\test.log", myParameter)

That will write the clear text password in a file.

I hope it helps,

Steffen

Children
No Data