This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Decrypt data

Hi everyone.

I have encrypt some values in D1IM database (CentralPassword for example) with the Crypto configuration tool. I need to decrypt Central password when creating UNS account, because I have to use this field in VB script.

How could I decrypt data? Is there OOTB function available?

Thanks for your response.
BR,
Evgen

Parents
  • Hi Srini,

of course it would be possible to write a script using .Net functions for a decryption.

But this script would need the private key, a decryption without it is not possible.
    So you could save the private key as a file which is accessable by this script.

Because Q1IM is a shared system and a script could be called from every machine with a Q1IM installation you would need the key on every (!) machine.

And as more times the private key is saved everywhere as more vulnerable the system is.

That's why it's not recommended.

Steffen

• Hi Srini,

of course it would be possible to write a script using .Net functions for a decryption.

But this script would need the private key, a decryption without it is not possible.
    So you could save the private key as a file which is accessable by this script.

Because Q1IM is a shared system and a script could be called from every machine with a Q1IM installation you would need the key on every (!) machine.

And as more times the private key is saved everywhere as more vulnerable the system is.

That's why it's not recommended.

Steffen

Children
No Data