This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom WorkFlow - Custom Step

Hi,

We are looking for options to incorporate a custom step in the work flow process. The custom step should connect to a database and verify the status of the person before moving on the next level approver.

We could find any options to write a custom code withing the workflow. The only options available is to choose the OOTB Approval procedure which is in turn non customizable

Any info would be of help.

Thanks

Jsmith

Parents
  • Oliver, wenn Sie deutsch sind, dann viel danke für Ihre Hilfe damit :)
    Ich habe noch einige Fragen:

Thanks for your help.  I have one more question:

After the process returns the decision back to the workflow, how do I then in the workflow send notification emails to the requester and recipient?

I cannot seem to find a suitable Approval Procedure as part of an Approval Step from the out-of-the-box Approval Procedures available for selection that will simply send a notification email.

And I also cannot find any 'notification Email node' available to add to the workflow.

I tried selecting 'BR - Back to Requester' and 'BR - Back to Recipient', but those send the request back to IT shop for 'Approval' instead of what I want, which is simply a notification email.

Besides the above question, two more quick questions:

- Is it possible to create custom Approval procedures?

- In reference to your previous answer:  "The third argument (decision reason) is stored alongside with the decision itself in PWODecisionHistory and might be retrieved from there."

What would I need to do in the workflow to retrieve data from PWODecisionHistory?

Thanks,

Kapil.

• Oliver, wenn Sie deutsch sind, dann viel danke für Ihre Hilfe damit :)
    Ich habe noch einige Fragen:

Thanks for your help.  I have one more question:

After the process returns the decision back to the workflow, how do I then in the workflow send notification emails to the requester and recipient?

I cannot seem to find a suitable Approval Procedure as part of an Approval Step from the out-of-the-box Approval Procedures available for selection that will simply send a notification email.

And I also cannot find any 'notification Email node' available to add to the workflow.

I tried selecting 'BR - Back to Requester' and 'BR - Back to Recipient', but those send the request back to IT shop for 'Approval' instead of what I want, which is simply a notification email.

Besides the above question, two more quick questions:

- Is it possible to create custom Approval procedures?

- In reference to your previous answer:  "The third argument (decision reason) is stored alongside with the decision itself in PWODecisionHistory and might be retrieved from there."

What would I need to do in the workflow to retrieve data from PWODecisionHistory?

Thanks,

Kapil.

Children
No Data