This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Helpdesk Scope crossing over Management Policy

We have two Helpdesk teams (internal and outsourced). We want to restrict what workflows the outsourced team are able action on the Helpdesk site.

I have two Management Policies (internal and outsourced) which share a single User Scope (Domain Users). Both Management Policies have the same User Scope (Domain Users).

When I log in as an outsourced helpdesk agent, I am able to complete the workflow that is in the internal Management Policy when I was expecting to only be able to run those in the outsourced Management Policy.

Is it possible to limit what workflow a Helpdesk agent is able to complete, based on their Active Directory group membership?

• The proposed scenario is very practical and makes sense. Is it supported and tested by Devs? Not sure, and I recommend to confirm it before implementing in Production.
    Workflow-A | Management Policy A
    - AD\QPM_Users_Allow
    - AD\QPM_HelpDesk_A
    Workflow-B | Management Policy B
    - AD\QPM_Users_Allow (same group)
    - AD\QPM_HelpDesk_B
    Both workflows A,B and management policies A,B will have (1) the same encryption key and (2) must have the same in terms of target users (AD\QPM_Users_Allow) Q/A policies etc…
  • It sounds just like what I have configured, but it doesn't work because members of HelpDesk_B are actually presented with the workflows from Management Policy A.

I don't understand why.