This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Different management policies for Intranet and Extranet

Hello all,

I have the below case and i need your help on if it is possible and if yes how.

Can i have 2 management policies with the same user scope and when a user login from the internet to run management policy 1 and when he is inside the company's network to run management policy 2. This way i can have to completely different policies independent from each other.

I know that i can build a custom activity and with scripting i can say that if the user came from an ip 192.168.xxx.xxx then don't show the captcha and if he came from 10.2.xxx.xxx show the captcha.

But i would like to have two separate management policies in order to have two Q&A policies that can be completely different.

Is that possible?

Thank you.

• Scenario: different Password Management workflows based on IP subnet (access from intranet vs. internet) makes perfect sense.
    #1. I don’t think current PM can do it. Supported scenario: end-user can belong to only to a single Password Management Workflow (say, member of either AD\PM_Allow_1 or AD\PM_Allow_2 group, but not both at once). It includes the *same* list of Q&A questions.
    #2. Potential and ugly workaround: split two independent deployments for intranet and internet: PM01 (comment attribute for Q&A storage) and PM02 (extentionAttribute10 for Q&A) with different encryption keys. End-user must support two separate Q&A profiles. (just and idea)
    #3. Definitely it will be great to have single PM deployment with single encryption key which will add *additional* Q&A02 profile if end-user accesses DMZ\PM02 from internet to an existing default Intranet\PM01 Q&A01 profile. (I recommend to submit a feature request via support)
  • Hello Aidar,

Just what i thought. Indeed #2 is a possible solution that i had suggested to the customer also but as you too said it's not a nice approach.

I'll try to go with the custom activity and maybe submit a request to support.

Thanks a lot.