manual recovery from pw vaulting

Hello everybody!

Is there a way to recover pw of an account from SPP vault without activate the function "Include password release with session requests" in a Access Request Policy?

the specific need is to retrieve the pw of an account and use it outside safeguard

thanks a lot!

Parents
  • Hi Dario,

Yes you can create a "Password" Access Request Policy to allow a user with this entitlement to request the password of an account. 

When creating a new request and selecting the Asset then Account, click on the current Access Type available to choose Password instead of RDP or SSH for example.

Thanks!

• Thank you Tawfiq, just to be sure, are you meaning:

(sorry i cannot attach any picture)

in the ARP window, in the TAB "General" i have to select Password (under Credential Access Type) and in the scope TAB i have to upload the account that i want the passord?

If this is right, if I have 10 privileged accounts for 10 different users, do I have to create 10 ARPs (each user has his own privileged account)?

If the above is wrong, can you please suggest me the right place in the admin guide to better understand and study this case by myself?

i need to understand in which way i have to create a "Password" ARP

Thanks a lot!!!

• Thank you Tawfiq, just to be sure, are you meaning:

(sorry i cannot attach any picture)

in the ARP window, in the TAB "General" i have to select Password (under Credential Access Type) and in the scope TAB i have to upload the account that i want the passord?

If this is right, if I have 10 privileged accounts for 10 different users, do I have to create 10 ARPs (each user has his own privileged account)?

If the above is wrong, can you please suggest me the right place in the admin guide to better understand and study this case by myself?

i need to understand in which way i have to create a "Password" ARP

Thanks a lot!!!

Children