Inquiry for License Synchronization for SPP

Hi All,

I wonder if the SPP configured with H/A synchronizes when adding licenses. Or I wonder if I should add a license to each equipment and configure it as H/A.

Please advice.

Kind Regards,

JaeIL.

Parents
  • Hi JaeIL

License each cluster member individually. So you end up with 3 stand alone physical or virtual appliances

Then build your cluster adding one appliance at a time to the appliance you decide will be the primary in the cluster.

Finally after the cluster is built configure SPP. 

You could configure your SPP primary before you build the cluster BUT the more data that has to be replicated the longer it will take for the cluster replication to complete

Best regards

Tim

• Hi Tim,

Thank you for the kind explanation. I have something else to ask you. I understood that it was not updated when the license was changed in the H/A configuration.

Then, I wonder if it means that if you change the license, you have to remove the H/A and reconfigure it. Please advice.

Kind Regards,

JaeiL.

• Hi JaeiL

That is a good question.

I cannot say I have ever upgraded a license on a live production setup.

However from memory you can access the license settings using the fat client on each cluster member so if you were changing the license file I do not see the need to break the cluster to do this. Just login to each cluster member and apply the new license file

The support team will be able to give the definitive answer.

Best regards

Tim

• Hi Jaeil,

If the changed license has the same license number (for example: modified count of systems but license was reissued with same license number) then this would not update correctly in SPP and would require requesting a new license with a different license number from the licensing team.

Uploading a new license with a different license number will replicate across the cluster and does NOT require unjoin\rejoin of the SPP nodes.

if the issue is with the license having the same number and not updating counts, you may contact licensing team via the link below to get it reissued with a new license number:

https://support.oneidentity.com/contact-us/licensing/

Thanks!

• Hi Jaeil,

If the changed license has the same license number (for example: modified count of systems but license was reissued with same license number) then this would not update correctly in SPP and would require requesting a new license with a different license number from the licensing team.

Uploading a new license with a different license number will replicate across the cluster and does NOT require unjoin\rejoin of the SPP nodes.

if the issue is with the license having the same number and not updating counts, you may contact licensing team via the link below to get it reissued with a new license number:

https://support.oneidentity.com/contact-us/licensing/

Thanks!

Children