SSH Custom Platform Received Buffer Empty

Hi,

I can't seem to receive output from a ConnectSSH Send command.

I'm running Safeguard 7.0 and target system is Windows 2019 data center with OpenSSH Server enabled.

This is the following command within the JSON custom platform configuration:

{ "Send": { "ConnectionObjectName": "ConnectSsh", "Buffer": "more temp.txt", "ContainsSecret": false } },	  
	  { "Receive": { "ConnectionObjectName": "ConnectSsh", "BufferName": "ReturnStatus" }, "ContainsSecret": false, "Append": true, "ExpectTimeout": 10000},

However, when i run a simple connection test, the buffer does not contain the result of the 'more temp.txt' command.

Empty Buffer

This used to work in v6.x.x of Safeguard. I have tried powershell with simple write-output, buffer is empty. Is this a bug?

Kind regards,

Noriel

Parents
  • Just an update, I've discovered that Safeguard is able to authenticate to OpenSSH server on the Windows server, but is unable to send commands. Hence why there's no value returned in the Buffer i.e. commands aren't even being executed. Have even tried changing the default shell to powershell. Set SSHD to debug logging level, i can see successful authentication and logoff of Safeguard when a test connection is triggered.

• Just an update, I've discovered that Safeguard is able to authenticate to OpenSSH server on the Windows server, but is unable to send commands. Hence why there's no value returned in the Buffer i.e. commands aren't even being executed. Have even tried changing the default shell to powershell. Set SSHD to debug logging level, i can see successful authentication and logoff of Safeguard when a test connection is triggered.

Children