Google LDAP (or any Cloud Directory) for Identity source

I am trying to set a Google LDAP for Identity source in our SPP.

Can SPP use cloud directories for this? I already checked the documentation and the guide there seems to be on prem in particular.

Are there any guide available specifically for Google LDAP?

Parents Reply
  • Hi, 

What I found is that SPP supports OpenLDAP 2.4 only when using the LDAP option correct.

I am not sure how Google LDAP is implemented but if it does not support OpenLDAP 2.4 then it will likely not work.

SPP also supports External Federation which is how we currently integrate with for example Azure AD.

Safeguard for Privileged Passwords supports the SAML 2.0 Web Browser SSO Profile, allowing you to configure federated authentication with many different STS servers and services, such as Microsoft's AD FS. Through the exchange of the federation metadata, you can create a trust relationship between the two systems. Then, you will create a Safeguard for Privileged Passwords user account to be associated with the federated account. When an end user logs in, they will be redirected to the external STS to enter their credentials and perform any two-factor authentication that may be required by that STS. After successful authentication, they will be redirected back to Safeguard for Privileged Passwords and logged in.

So this could be another way to configure authentication via external federation rather than LDAP.

https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/one-identity-safeguard-for-privileged-passwords/7.1/administration-guide/137#TOPIC-1918525

Thanks!

Children