Number of protected hosts in SPS 7

Hello, where can I find out the curent number of protected hosts in SPS 7?

Parents Reply
  • So I don't understand the way to operate SPS under license. I have a license for 10 hosts. For testing, I also connected to servers that I don't need in production. An SNMP trap reports that a license has been reached during an RDP connection. RDP connection works. And I can't detect protected hosts.

Children
  • Could you try the following:

Originally to reset the protected host count you would reset it using the following step:

To restart all traffic please log in to the Web UI as admin an navigate to Basic Settings -> System -> Traffic control -> All services and press Restart.

then connect to your 10 hosts that you wish to use in production and verify if the SNMP trap no longer appears for those 10 servers.

RDP works because the license is not enforcing a limit with the new version of SPS.

Thanks!

• I did the reset as described about three times. After connecting with one new RDP, the notification comes again via SNMP and email. And as written in the release notes, SPS does not enforce the license, but the limit is evaluated on demand. Does that mean the limit is 10 simultaneous connections? Thank you for your time.

• The limit would be to 10 specific hosts but not enforced anymore.

As a workaround may be you can disable the SNMP alert for "License limit reached" from Basic Settings > Alerts and Monitoring

Thanks!

• Sorry, I found my mistake. I had a wrongly set trap for the license in the monitoring, and the monitoring also captured successful logins. So it was a false alarm.

I would still be interested in the use of licenses.