Configuring RemoteApp

Hello,

I am trying to make Microsoft SQL server run as a RemoteApp on a Windows server.

I have followed these steps in the GitHub tutorial: SafeguardAutomation/RDP Applications/Tutorial at master · OneIdentity/SafeguardAutomation · GitHub

Also, I have followed the steps in the administration manual: One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions 7.0 LTS - Administration Guide, except for the part that says

"To configure RemoteApp Launcher-specific settings on the SPS side"

Is this part necessary for the configuration to work?

Even though I did all this, I get an error that says

"Couldn't open this program or file. Either there was a problem with sqlstudio or the file you're trying to open couldn't be accessed. For assistance, contact your administrator."

Given that:

• The account I am accessing the RemoteApp with is an admin account
  • I give everyone access to the RemoteApp Launcher and the sqlstudio.exe AutoIT that I am trying to run
  • I tried running other applications without RemoteApp Launcher and they worked when I don't give them cmd parameters when publishing them. If I gave them cmd parameters I get an error.

Please help me because I am spending so much time on this RemoteApp thing.

Parents
  • Hi,

What version SPP and SPS are you running?
    What version RDP Host Server are you running?
    What version RemoteApp Launcher did you install on the RDP Host Server?

if you need assistance with implementation, we strongly recommend consulting with One Identity Professional Services by discussing this with your account manager.

Thanks!

• Hi,

What version SPP and SPS are you running?
    What version RDP Host Server are you running?
    What version RemoteApp Launcher did you install on the RDP Host Server?

if you need assistance with implementation, we strongly recommend consulting with One Identity Professional Services by discussing this with your account manager.

Thanks!

Children