Adding Asset

I was trying to add an asset in SPP and after supplying the necessary parameters needed I was getting the below error message and couldn't allow me to go further;

"Remote WMI query using service account failed. RPC server unavailable"

The firewall is not enabled and the RD connection is also allowed on the server.

Can anyone help with the solution? 

Parents
  • Hi,

What version of SPP are you using please? Is this a VM or Hardware?

Where do you see the error, is it after performing a Test connection on the Asset?

Is this asset using a Hostname or IP for the connection tab > network address?

If Hostname, is SPP able to resolve the hostname correctly by checking Appliance > Network Diagnostics > NSLookup tool

Make sure DNS server is configured correctly in SPP under Appliance > Networking to be able to resolve the Asset's hostname.

You can test WMI outside SPP using the service account that is connecting to the asset in Powershell:

------------------------------

$cred = get-credential
    $process = Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT Name FROM Win32_ComputerSystem" -namespace "root\cimv2" -computername '192.168.1.1'
    $process | select name

------------------------------

Thanks

• Hi Ahmad

I am trying to add Windows server asset on SPP Hardware appliance 7.0 LTS  and got the same error  "Remote WMI query using service account pam_svc@gclient.local failed. RPC server unavailable.Asset name lookup from 10.6.20.37 failed.

system connection test failed.

I had added the their domain controller as AD asset on SPP and got a successuf result.I tried adding the same Domain Controller as windows server always using the same pam_svc@gclient.local  account and got a successful result.

What can I do??

Also the client have a different and distinct domain that is not part of this forest.How to add it to SPP???

• Hi Ahmad

for the first connexion we have asked the client to configure an all openend port between SPP and the windows servers subnet and still getting the same error.

We are using the same service account used to configure Defender .this account is memeber of domain Administrator group , Domain Admins group group, Schema Admins group and local admin group of the DC server.

• Seems there is a WMI issue.

Test WMI outside of SPP:

1.  When performing platform tasks from SPP such as Check Password and Test Connection, Safeguard executes the following WMI query against the root/CIMV2 namespace:

"Select Name from Win32_ComputerSystem"

Test using Windows Management Instrumentation Tester, which is available on Windows machine at

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\wbemtest.exe

---------- 

- Run wbemtest.exe from another Windows machine in the same network as the SPP

- Click "Connect" button

- Input namespace: \\ServerName_OR_IP.Address\root\cimv2

- Use target Windows Server hostname or IP address

- type the credentials of service account: gclient.local\pam_svc

- Click "Connect" button to check if WMI can connect successfully

- Click "Query..." and input "Select Name from Win32_ComputerSystem" and see if that returns the computer name

---------- 

2. Using Powershell:

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName <SystemName> -Class Win32_ComputerSystem -Credential gclient.local\pam_svc

Thanks

• Seems there is a WMI issue.

Test WMI outside of SPP:

1.  When performing platform tasks from SPP such as Check Password and Test Connection, Safeguard executes the following WMI query against the root/CIMV2 namespace:

"Select Name from Win32_ComputerSystem"

Test using Windows Management Instrumentation Tester, which is available on Windows machine at

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\wbemtest.exe

---------- 

- Run wbemtest.exe from another Windows machine in the same network as the SPP

- Click "Connect" button

- Input namespace: \\ServerName_OR_IP.Address\root\cimv2

- Use target Windows Server hostname or IP address

- type the credentials of service account: gclient.local\pam_svc

- Click "Connect" button to check if WMI can connect successfully

- Click "Query..." and input "Select Name from Win32_ComputerSystem" and see if that returns the computer name

---------- 

2. Using Powershell:

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName <SystemName> -Class Win32_ComputerSystem -Credential gclient.local\pam_svc

Thanks

Children