SPP windows license - SPS OS for the VM

Hello Tawfiq, i just want to be sure for our new customer that everything is always the same, for the OS and license perpectives.

We need to install SPP 7.4.1 and SPS 7.4

we need Windows 10 LTSC license (that could be Enterprise or Pro or something else). The question from the customer is if it is possible to use a win server 2022 datacenter license that they have it yet (they don't have a windows 10 LTSC license)

so can you confirm me that the only one license that works properly is windows 10 LTSC or there is come othe possibility?

also, for SPS it is necessary to creare a vm with ubuntu 64 bit OS or is it possible to use another distribution?

is it the only one OS that works properly?

thank you very much

i wish you a great evening

Parents
  • From what I understand, Windows 10 LTSC license seems to be the recommended option for installing SPP 7.4.1 and SPS 7.4. As for the possibility of using a Windows Server 2022 Datacenter license, I'm not entirely sure, but it might be worth looking into further or consulting with a licensing expert to confirm compatibility.

• I was in same situation - Virtual SPP 7.4 comes with Windows10 IoT LTSC 2021 under the hood. Since this is a IoT version, you can't buy IoT license unless you are an OEM. The consumer of SPP isn't OEM so One Identity has recently started issuing OS license as well. You can request during your normal license procurement. OS license will he shipped physically. 

• I was in same situation - Virtual SPP 7.4 comes with Windows10 IoT LTSC 2021 under the hood. Since this is a IoT version, you can't buy IoT license unless you are an OEM. The consumer of SPP isn't OEM so One Identity has recently started issuing OS license as well. You can request during your normal license procurement. OS license will he shipped physically. 

Children
No Data