This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Default view for Web Portal

Hi all,

is there a way to set the default view mode for web portal (desktop or mobile)? I read on documentation that the view mode is choosen automatically, but I'd like to force it to desktop mode as default. Employee will switch to mobile if needed.

Thanks,

Dario

• Hi Geraldine
    I did that already, got a hotfix which I impelemented and now the customer is testing it.

Can I ask what this viper 28947 is? I got it answered by a colleague, its the internal bug tracking tool. Which means I got the exact same hotfix (the viper number matches with the number on the hotfix).

Thanks for you help regardless.
    Regards,
    Bastian

• Hi Bastian,

You can configure the way that the application recognizes mobile devices.

In WebDesigner, look up the configuration key "IMX_Mediaquery_Smartphone". This key contains a CSS media query which is used to enable the mobile view depending on device properties.

The default setting for this key is "all and (max-width: 760px)". Apparently this query matches surface books.

As an idea, you could set this to something that never matches. This would effectively disable the mobile view for *all* devices though.

HTH

Hanno
  • Hi Hanno,
    this is absolutely right for Version 8.0.

Thanks,
    Geraldine
  • The hotfix helped the customer and desktop modus is now enforced. Thanks a lot.