Insert DepartmentHasADSGroup via process chain results in a "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ... Cannot insert duplicate key in object" - Error

This error does not occur when i assign the same assignment in the manager.

And this is my expected behavior.

Before the assignment, i have an indirect assignment and after the assignment i want to have a direct, indirect assignment (Xorigin = 3).

But One Identity does not seem to allow it to do this direct assignment via process chain which would be a misbehavior.

Can you tell me what to do to make a direct assignment in a process chain?

Regards,

Alexander

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Barry,

sounds promising. I'll try that and report here if it worked.

Regards,

Alexander

• Hi Barry,

i tried to follow your suggestion applying the AssignDirect() - Method on an DepartmentHasADSGroup - Assignment with Xorigin = 2.

First i went to the Objectbrowser, selected the assignment, navigated to the Methods tab in the properties an ran the AssignDirect() - Method on it. In the result section it tells me: "Method successfully finished." but when i check Xorigin afterwards it is still set to 2 though i expected to see now a 3 in Xorigin.

Did i something wrong?

How to do it right?

Regards,

Alexander

• Hi Alexander,

Hmmm looks like when you call the AssignDirect method in OB it works as you say but you get no option to 'save' the object ..... and that's the issue .... after calling the method you have to save the object.  So in a script you would have these lines:

baseObjectN.CallMethod("AssignDirect")

baseObjectN.Save(Session)

In a process you would use the HandleObjectComponent - CallMethod process task and in the parameters enable Save with Value = True

HTH, Barry.

• Hi Barry,

activating the save paramter in the Call method process task did it for me.

Thank you very much for the support!

Regards,

Alexander