Creation/Usage of Transport Files

Hi,

OIM Version: 8.1.5

I've have a requirement to create a Transport file to import some changes from a lower environment into a higher one.

I've read through the information in the Operational Guide around Transports, and I can't see any answers to the questions I've got.

Can someone assist, or point me in the direction to find this information for myself?

1:

When creating a transport file for a sync project & dependant objects (such as manually created DPRNameSpace & UNSRootB objects prior to assigning the Base Object to the Sync Proj), is the best way to assign all work done in Sync Editor to one change label, and have another change label that contains the dependant objects that is applied first, 

OR 

Complete all of the work in Sync Editor, then use the transporter file option to export a whole sync project + dependant objects?

2:

When creating a transport file from multiple change labels, if the SortOrder property is set on the change labels, will OIM use the value in these properties to decide the order it will import the objects? Or will it ignore these and go with the order specified under the 'options' button (Or neither and just be mysterious)?

3:

When creating a Transport file with multiple Transport types (Such as ShellTransport or TagTransport), how does OIM decide the order it will complete the imports? Is there a set workflow the transport tool follows?

I assume that it will complete the transport in the order of the options when creating a transport file, as that seems logical.

Thanks for taking the time.

Parents Reply Children
No Data